Looking for a fast-paced and rewarding career? The Eye Care Center is always looking for caring and growth-minded individuals to join our team.
Office Manager Job Description - 2018
Optometric Eye Care Centers, PA - Fridley
The person holding the position of Office Manager for Optometric Eye Care Centers, P.A. should have 3 years experience in healthcare, retail or business management. The person should be of the highest moral and ethical character. They should be a self-motivated, organized person who can lead and inspire others by example rather than by intimidation.
While in this position, the overriding goal of the Office Manager should revolve around providing a premier patient experience. The position will involve regular meetings with the owners to establish the appropriate image, financial goals and operational expectations for a single clinic location. The office manager will be accountable to provide hands on management of the practice in a way that would ensure these goals and expectations are met. At all times and under all circumstances the Office Manager is expected to keep all practice information in strictest confidence.
Following are the job responsibilities common to office managers in all clinic locations:
- Be accountable to develop, implement and improve operating systems to ensure efficient and productive performance of the optical department, front desk and clinic operations at this single practice location.
- Motivate and incentivize staff members to share high common goals and aspirations.
- Coordinate staff and doctor schedules for maximum financial efficiencies.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and coordinate periodic staff educational seminars.
- Oversee and manage appropriate inventory levels of office and clinic supplies.
- Oversee and manage appropriate inventory levels of contact lenses, solutions, nutritional supplements, behind the counter products and accessories.
- Oversee and manage the physical plant including cleaning, maintenance and repairs of leasehold property and all equipment at your clinic location.
- Work with Codex, Compulink, Central telephone and individual equipment suppliers to ensure all IT equipment, clinical equipment and software programs are fully functional at your clinic location to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Review and maintain familiarity with monthly, quarterly and annual income and expense reports in concert with practice accountants and owners.
- Direct the review of expense invoices to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
Human Resource Administration
- Solicit applications, interview and hire new staff members when needed for a single clinic location
- Oversee new staff orientation and training.
- Coordinate, track and keep records of employee benefits and paid time off.
- Maintain a complete and accurate personnel file for each employee assigned to your clinic.
- Post and communicate all required information to meet federal & state employment laws.
- Conduct regular employee reviews for employees of your clinic.
- Manage undesirable employee performance by presenting deserving employees with written counseling and improvement action plans.
- Terminate employees that do not acceptably respond to written improvement objectives.
- Be accessible as a sounding board for concerns and recommendations from all staff.
- Ensure staff HIPAA compliance.
Following are practice wide responsibilities assigned to you
- Oversee practice health plan billing, posting of health plan payments and insurance verification with goals of:
Third Party Billing and Payments
- Submission of claims on a weekly basis or better
- Payment by health plans within 20 days
- Deposit of health plan payments within 3 days of receipt
- Review and manage delinquent accounts
- Maintain current knowledge of health plan participation.
- Oversee reconciliation of financial day sheets
- Work with Assurability to ensure a seamless and efficient coordination with our on-site billing office staff
Please Send resumes to: Kristine Chiaverotti